It has come to our knowledge that some residents do not lock their car when it is parked inside their car porch. As a result, a few residents found that cash cards and other things were taken from their car. We suspect thief climbed over the metal gate during the night.
We advise you to :
1) Ensure your main entrance door and sliding doors are properly secured
2) Ensure your metal gates are locked
3) Ensure your car is locked every night.
You may be interested to know that almost 80 households have signed up for the Repainting exercise during this weekend. For those who didn't sign up but still wish to participate, please contact the NIPPON Painter directly listed below before end of May.
The work will commence in June and targeted to complete by Jul-Aug 2010.
For those who are not sure of whether to take part in this exercise, the NC strongly encourage you to take part in this repainting exercise for the following reasons:
1. Paint work normally last from 5 to 7 years (maximum 7 years) and during this time moisture will start to get into the substrate. Even though, externally it appears alright, unseen to the eyes, moisture had already started to seep in. By then, blister will appear and the paint will start to peel. Also, all paints fade as the colour pigments are oxidized by the ultra-violet radiations.
2. The NC has managed to appoint reputable painters for this exercise at a very good price. These paint vendors are accredited by Nippon Paint Singapore. If the residents appoint their own contractor to paint their house it will be at least 30% to 40% more than what the NC has negotiated for the estate. The NC has got a very good deal for our residents.
3. The NC has managed to obtain joint 5 years warranty from the paint vendor and Nippon Paint Singapore. Nippon Paint is a large corporation and is willing to give us 5 years warranty. If you will to do it on your own, you will not be able to get this joint 5 years warranty.
4. Please don't miss this opportunity as the NC only organises this every 5 to 6 years. All the hard work has already been done by your NC. You don't have to do anything but just register.
5. Please register early to get a $100/- early bird discount.
By now you should have received an envelope from the paint vendor containing the repainting information including the contract and the pricing. If you have not please contact the NC.
It is finally here, after a wait of 6 years. Our NC brings you the good news of ESTATE REPAINTING (ROUND TWO)
After months of EOI, RFP, evaluation and negotiation, we have finally nominated 2 reputable painting contractors from NIPPON PAINT (SINGAPORE), to carry out your house's exterior repainting.
They are none other than ETRON RESOURCES and INTERLINK SPECIALISTS PTE LTD. For those of you who remembered, they were the re-painter for Phase 1 and Phase 2 respectively.
The good news is that they have been re-nominated for this second round because they have agreed to offer a very reasonable package (with 5 years Joint and severed Warranty from NIPPON PAINT). The Offer Letter (which is identical from both companies) accompanied by our NC advisory note, will find their way to your mailbox by next week. ETRON will be painting Phase 1 and INTERLINK, phase 2.
A registration exercise will be conducted on Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd May 2010, from 10 am to 5 pm, at the HDB Pavillon next to the Lakeside Pri Sch. Please bring along your offer letter and identification card for registration. An early bird discount will be given to those who register on this two days only. Please note that this offer is better than anything you can find on your own because this is a bulk contract (and hence cheaper) and so we need at least 70% of our residents to participate.
1. How many vendors have been awarded the job to paint Lakeside Grove?
- Two Vendors have been awarded to paint our estate. Etron Resources is to undertake to paint phase 1 (they were the vendor for phase 1 in the last repainting exercise) and Interlink Specialist is to undertake to paint phase 2 (they were the vendor for phase 2 in the last repainting exercise).
2. What are the reasons for appointing 2 vendors?
- In view of the fact that if the response is good the repainting exercise can take more than 3 months, our resident would be burden and inconvenient by this. The NC therefore appoints 2 vendors to shorten the painting duration for the 2 phases.
3. Will there be one set of pricing from both vendors, Etron Resources and Interlink Specialist?
- Yes, identical in all details. Depending on your house type all residents pay the same price.
4. Will the painting specification and the application method for both vendors the same.
- Yes, Painting Specifications are prepared by Etron Resources and copied to Interlink Specialist.
5. Is the pricing subjected to us getting 70% participation.
- No, the price is locked in and the painting will proceed either way.
6. Do the residents have a choice of which vendor to use.
- No, Etron Resources has been awarded to paint Phase 1, and Interlink Specialist has been awarded to paint Phase 2. This restriction is due to the contraint in the mobilisation of equipments during painting.
7. What happens when the response is poor from our residents?
- When that happens both painters will come to an agreement as to who will undertake the whole project, the NC understands that at that competitive pricing it may be more viable to let only one vendor to undertaken the whole project.
8. How long will the painting takes?
- Our target is to complete all houses within 3 months. Painter will take 3 to 4 days continuously to finish painting your house.
9. When will the painting start?
- The painting works will be carried out between June and August 2010.
10. What is the role of the NC?
- NC role is to coordinate the project with the vendors, do collective negotiation with the vendors to ensure our residents interests are protected and to get the best deal for our residents. The contract signing is strictly between the vendor and the residents.
11. Is there any warranty?
- Yes, the NC has managed to obtained a joint 5 years waranty from both the vendor and paint supplier (ie Nippon Paint). This will be in the contract.
12. Can a resident select the colours for their house?
- No, the NC has already selected the colours basing on the aesthetic, uniformity and the overall look of our estate and its surrounding.
13. Will I get the Early Bird discount if I register after 22-23 May 2010?
- No sorry, this is to be fair to the early birds.
14. Will there be further price reduction if I do not want to paint any boundary wall and metal gates?
- No further discount as the price is already very low due to bulk contract.
15. Will the painter paint my boundary wall; metal gates & fence; car porch's timber roof rafters & ceiling; front & back wooden doors and roof metal flushing?
- Yes. It is all included in the package at no extra charges.
16. How much will it cost if I get my own painter?
- It will cost about $2000 - $2500 for an intermediate, $3500-$5000 for a corner terrace / semi D. Also, your own painter will not be able to provide you with a 5 years warranty from NIPPON PAINT. Please note that our painting specification is stringent and exactly the same as Town Council's requirement.
17. Why the price difference between Corner Terrace and Semi-Detached?
- Most Semi-Detached are inaccessible by Boom Lift whereas most Corner Terraces face a side road. Therefore, scaffoldings are needed on the side walls of Semi Detached and maybe a few Corner Terrace too (whose side wall also does not face a road).
18. Will the same painter offer the same price if I ask them to come back next year to repaint my house?
- No, you will have to pay individual commercial rate which will be higher.
19. My house paintwork still look good. I may not want to repaint this year. Can I wait till next year?
- Unless you have repainted your house within the last 3 years, you should repaint now because all paintwork last only 5 to 7 years. After that, the paint will fade and starts to peel off. When that happens, moisture will get into your external wall and affect your internal paintwork as well.
20. Can I ask the painter to paint the interior of my house or do other repair works?
- You can ask them but this will be at your own private arrangement.
21. What do I have to do after signing the contract.
- You will have to pay a 30% down payment. You are advised to be at home when the painting starts. You will have to - provide water and electricity.
22. Who do I complain to if I encounter any problem.?
- You can call the painter's supervisor or call NC Chairman.
23. If my neighbour sign up and I didn't, what happens if the workers dirtied my house?
- Please call NC Chairman.